Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homemade Pizza

My mom made this for us growing up. It is still a favorite.

1 Package Dry Yeast
1 Cup Warm Water
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in flour, oil, sugar and salt; beat about 25 strokes. Cover and let rest about 5 minutes while mixing sauce ingredients. With greased fingers, spread dough thinly on cookie sheet. Let rise at least 10 minutes. Prebake your crust for 8-10 minutes; add suace and favorite toppings and bake 10 more minutes.

Sauce:
1 Can Mushroom Pieces, Drained
3 Small Cans Tomato Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dry Onions,
1 Teaspoon Dry Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Basil
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

Toppings:
I usually use 1 pound browned hamburger with drained pineapple tidbits and sliced olives. I have also substituted sausage for the hamburger. Once I have my favorite toppings on, I top with cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

Good job!! Wow you were busy today. Do you take requests? Bryon's mom's chili?