Thursday, May 29, 2008

Microwave Macaroni & Cheese

My mom made this when I was growing up. I loved it then and still continue to enjoy this as a meal. My kids are in seventh heaven when I make this. It is a great comfort food.

2 Tablespoons Margarine
2 Tablespoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Grated
3 Cups Elbow Macaroni, Cooked
5 Oz. Can Vienna Sausages, Diced

Put butter in a 1 1/2 quart microwave safe casserole dish. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute until butter is melted. Add flour, salt and pepper to butter. Add milk, slowly. Microwave on medium high (level 8) for 6-7 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Stir in Vienna sausages and cooked macaroni. Return to microwave. Cook on medium high (level 8) for an additional 3-4 minutes.

No comments: