Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chicken Ring

I had this on one of my meal plans a couple of weeks ago. I had actually planned on using a different recipe. When it came down to it, I ended up using this recipe instead. We really liked it. My mom and sister were up this past weekend and I made it again for them. They also really liked it. It is great for a light meal. I served it with cut up fresh fruit. Tonight I made a rice pilaf to go with it. Anyway, here is the recipe:
2 Packages Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
2 Cups Chicken, Cooked and Coarsely Chopped
1 1/2 Cups Broccoli, Coarsely Chopped
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1/2 Cup Red Pepper, Diced
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Teaspoons Dried Dill Weed
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Garlic Clove, Pressed
1 Egg White, Slightly Beaten
1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, bell pepper, mayo, dill, salt, and garlic. Mix well. Lay crescent rolls in a circular shape, overlapping slightly on a round pizza pan. I have made this using a cooking sheet and so instead of a circle, I make more of an oval. Scoop filling evenly onto pastry. Fold tips of crescents loosely over top of filling. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: