Sunday, June 29, 2008

Penne Pasta Casserole

I found this recipe on this blog: http://2kidsandtiredcooks.blogspot.com/. I made it last night for dinner. It was a huge kid friendly meal, not to mentions super fast and easy to make. I think all of my kids had at least seconds on this dish. We are a meat family and so I did add a pound of sausage which is different from the orignial recipe.

1 Package of Penne Pasta, Cooked and Drained
1 Pound Sausage, Browned and Drained
1 Jar of your favorite Pasta Sauce (about 2 cups)
Dried Basil
Garlic Powder
Grated Mozzarella Cheese

Cook the penne pasta according to the package direction. Drain. Meanwhile in a pan, brown sausage and drain. Add pasta sauce to sausage. Stir in dried basil and garlic powder to taste. Stir in drained pasta. Also stir in grated Mozzarella Cheese. Put in a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes or until heated through.

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm glad you liked the Penne recipe! If you get a chance, would you leave a comment on it? Thanks!