Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet Sauted Corn

This is definitely a keeper! My whole family loved the corn cooked this way. I found it on this blog: http://pickypalate.blogspot.com

2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper, Finely Diced
1 Green Pepper, Finely Diced
1/2 Cup Onion, Finely Diced
4 Ears Fresh Corn, Kernels Removed
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
2 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Honey

Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Saute red pepper, green bell pepper, and onion for five minutes, stirring often. Stir in corn, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the butter and honey until well combined and melted through. Serve warm.
I didn't have a green pepper and so I omitted that. I also freeze corn in the summer and so since corn isn't quite in season, I used that instead of the fresh corn.


No comments: